ABOUT CIVIL SERVICES INSTITUTE
The Civil Services Institute (CSI) Uttarakhand, is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 on 03 May 2013, However the CSI, formally was made operational in Dec 2013 with the following staff:-
(a) Manager, CSI – Lt Col. Satendra Kumar
(b) Accountant – Mr. Rakesh Singh Nakoti
(c) Peon – Mr. Kundan Singh Kanyal
The first set of Office Bearers were as under:-
(a) Chairman, CSI – Mr. Subhash Kumar
(b) Secretary, CSI – Dr. Umakant Panwar
(c) Joint Secretary, CSI – Mr. Amit Singh Negi
(d) Treasurer, CSI – Dr. M.C. Joshi
Amongst other secondary aims, the primary aim was to promote the welfare of the Officers of Civil Services and to bring them together in order to secure complete integration of the services and to build a corps of officers imbibed with the spirit of cooperation in all aspects of Civil Services. The CSI has two (2) types of members viz Permanent (All India Civil Services Officers of Uttarakhand Cadre) and Tenure/Temporary (All India Service Officer of all other Cadres, as also other Central & State Govt Categories). Presently there are 66 Permanent & 25 Tenure/Temporary Members.
Located close to the Old Mussoorie Road on a mountain spur, surrounded by lush green forests, wildlife and picturesque landscape the CSI is no less than a five star resort. Apart from providing Catering Services and housing a Residential Complex it has within it, the Indoor Sports Facilities and an Multipurpose Auditorium. A multipurpose Conference/Seminar Hall provides venue for all literary/official presentations & Seminars including important meeting & discussions. The CSI boasts of a 25 meter Swimming Pool and Steam Bath which add to the grandeur of the area and is a place for everyone to enjoy.
The present Office Bearers are as under:-
(i) Chairman, CSI – Mr. Utpal Kumar Singh
(ii) Secretary, CSI – Mr. Anand Bardhan
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To promote the welfare of the officers of Civil Services and to bring them together in order to secure complete integration of the services and to build a corps of officers imbibed with the spirit of cooperation in all aspects of Civil Service.
- To hold, organise, arrange and conduct seminars, symposiums, talks, debates, lectures and other means of dispensing education to meet the needs and challenges of modern day Civil Administration.
- To print and publish journals, periodicals and manuals to keep the Civil Servants abreast of modern day developments in Civil Administration.
- To acquire and promote modern skills of Civil Administration and to harmonize between the different fields of Civil Administration by disseminating or exchanging knowledge thereof, and by providing such other facilities as would lead to their Universal Application.
- To establish and maintain libraries and information services to facilitate the study of Civil Administration at World level and spreading information in regard thereto.
- To organize and maintain, on no-profit no-loss basis limited residential accommodation, for the members of the institute coming to participate in the activities of the association and of other bodies with cognate objectives as well as non-members invited to participate in the activities of the Association.
- To take over, establish and conduct, throughout Uttarakhand, clubs, institutes, hostels, canteens, libraries and reading room and other similar institutions for general use amongst the members.
- To purchase, take on lease or in exchange or otherwise any movable or immovable property and any rights or privileges which the association may think necessary or convenient and in particular any land, buildings erections of all works.
- To enter into any arrangement with any institution, company or association or with any public authority which may seem calculated to further any of the objects of the Association and to obtain any rights or privileges which may seem conducive to any of the objects of the society.
- To grant salary, allowances, gratuities, bonus, contributory or otherwise to persons who are or have been in employment of the Associations.
- To take such steps by personal or written appeals, public meeting or otherwise, as may from time to time be demanded to be expedient for the purpose of procuring contributions, annual subscriptions or otherwise.
- To establish and support and to aid in the establishment and support of any other Association formed for all or any of the objects of this Association.
- All the income, earnings, moveable, immovable properties of the Society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no profit or part of there shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way if dividends, bonus, profit or in any manner whatsoever to the present or past Members of Society. No members shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immovable properties the society or make any profits, whatsoever by virtue of his membership. All the above mentioned aims and objectives of the Society would be charitable and non-profit, as per section 1 and 20 of Society Registration Act 1860.